Requirements for Mounting
- The mounting location must be suitable for the Solar Analytics Smart Monitor.
- The Solar Analytics Smart Monitor is IP50 rated (front display) and must be installed inside an closed enclosure within the main sub board (with a lid for outdoor) or IP-65 rated external enclosure.
- The Solar Analytics Smart Monitor is typically installed at the point of common coupling for a house or business.
- The KR-63 / SC-23 must be mounted on a DIN Rail.
- The KR-63 / SC-23 requires only 2 pole spaces on a DIN rail.
- Additional space may be required for any additional equipment.
- All operating environmental conditions must be met (See KR-63 / SC-23 Data Sheet).
- The mounting location should not be exposed to direct solar irradiation.
ATTENTION: For 3 phase installs, it is recommended to install an additional 3 phase 10 A circuit breaker (CB) to power the KR-63. For additional information see Connecting the KR-63 to a Voltage Supply.
Recommendations for Mounting
- If installation space permits, vertical orientation is recommended for the mounting of the Solar Analytics Smart Monitor
Mounting the KR-63 / SC-23
The Solar Analytics Smart Monitor is typically installed at the point of common coupling for a home or business. This is because the CTs will have proximal access to the required circuits for measurement.
Here are some examples of the Solar Analytics Smart Monitor installed in various configurations.
Figure 1 KR-63 in separate DIN Enclosure
Figure 2 KR-63 in Main Load Centre on DB
The only way to mount a KR-63 is via DIN rail. Taking into consideration the space requirements mentioned above, an additional enclosure may be required to house the monitor. The black clips on the back may need to be pulled open slightly before clipping the KR-63 onto the DIN rail.
In the event that there is not enough space in the existing load centre of the distribution board, an additional enclosure may be required for the device to be installed.
Required (recommended) additional equipment
- DIN enclosure to fit 5 poles (2 for KR-63 and 3 for 3 phase CB). It is recommended have to a few of these extra in the truck when performing multiple Solar Analytics installs as each installation can be different.
Serial Number Sticker
It is important that the serial number sticker provided be affixed to the front of the DIN enclosure and to mark the circuit breaker which powers the Solar Analytics Smart monitor. Two stickers are provided in the box in a zip lock bag with the CT phoenix plug
Demounting the KR-63
Once mounted you will require a flat-head screwdriver (or similar flat rigid tool) to unhook one of the two back clips to demount the KR-63.
CAUTION: When doing this – fast and rough movement may cause the clips to break.