The KR-63 is the 6 CT Solar Smart Monitor offered by Solar Analytics. The standard application for the KR-63 is for a three-phase system. In this set up, you would typically use the three-phase tail provided to power the KR-63 and match the CTs with the phases accordingly.
With some simple rewiring, you can use the KR-63 to measure all the loads on a single-phase system. This is particularly useful if there are several sub-circuits on the system that need to be aggregated from the whole site consumption. The image below illustrates the breakdown various loads on a single-phase residential house being monitored with a 6CT KR-63.
Converting the three-phase to tail to single-phase
The KR-63 comes with a standard pre-wired three-phase tail. This can very simple be re-wired to suit a single-phase application.
- Remove all the components from the packaging
- With a screwdriver, remove the white and blue wires from the phoenix plug
- Cut 2 x 5cm (approx.) of the red wire from the end of the tail to use as a loop
- From here, use the loops to loop P1 to P2 and P2 to P3.
- Once completed, the phoenix plug should look like this
Tug on the cable and loops to ensure a secure fit. You can now use this tail to power your KR-63 with a single-phase supply.