There are a couple of reasons why your SC-22 is experiencing communications fault is that you have changed either one or more of the following:
- WiFi SSID (i.e. WiFi name)
- WiFi password
- Router network settings
The solution to this is to reconfigure your SC-22 to your home WiFi. There are 2 steps to this process: (i) connecting your mobile hotspot, and (ii) connecting to your home WiFi.
What you’ll need:
- Mobile phone with 3G/4G signal
- Serial number: B000666XXXXXX
- WiFi SSID
- WiFi password
Note: Both WiFi SSID and password are case sensitive.
(i) Connecting to your mobile hotspot
You will need to be in front of your switchboard for following steps:
- On your mobile phone, turn on your wireless hotspot. (Apple devices call this ‘Personal Hotspot’)
- Change the ‘Wireless Hotspot/Tethering Password to be the last 8 characters of your SC-22’s serial number (i.e. 66XXXXXX).
- Turn on the Hotspot/Wireless Tethering. This will allow the SC-22 to connect to your mobile as a configuration network.
- The top 3 lights on the SC-22 should flash from RIGHT to LEFT. The connection sequence is shown below:
If this does not solve the issue, then restart the SC-22 by switching off and on the circuit breaker it is attached to and attempt to connect again. The circuit breaker usually has a Solar Analytics sticker label on it. If you cannot locate it, then try the light circuit breaker or the main switch. (Please note, do not switch off the Solar Supply Main Switch.)
(ii) Connecting to your home WiFi
Once above process is done, please contact Solar Analytics at 1300 651 137 (Option 2 then Option 3) between 9am-4:30pm (GMT+11)