Below are tips on installing an external antenna to the 3G Solar Smart Monitor.
- Ensure the transmitter is placed at an outdoor exposed area with no obstructions.
- Locate the transmitter facing towards the closest 3G/phone tower if possible.
- Ring Solar Analytics while on-site, so that the Support Team can check the signal strength after the external antenna has been installed.
In cases where the Solar Smart Monitor is located within an indoor area or if the antenna cable is not long enough to extend the antenna transmitter, we recommend using extension cables which can be purchased from here.
Alternatively, you can use other extension cables that satisfy following criteria:
- Connector 1: SMA Plug (Male pin)
- Connector 2: SMA Jack (Female pin)