Welcome to Solar Analytics! In this tutorial, we'll walk you through a simple step-by-step guide to getting your personalised fleet up and running. Let's get started!
- Step 1: Know the subscription type and the site needs
- Step 2: Fleet dashboard creation
- Step 3: Fleet dashboard access
- Step 4: Register the site
- Step 5: Hardware Installation
- Step 6: Commission and confirm operation
- Step 7: End user onboarding
- Step 8: Monitor your fleet
Spend a bit of time going through our 'Getting Started' and other videos that summarise the process.
Step 1: Know the subscription type and the site needs
Before registration of any site, you will need to have discussed with and determined from the end-user these points:
- Site hardware needs and which circuits are to be monitored
- The subscription type chosen by the end user
Step 2 : Fleet dashboard creation
Before installing Solar Analytics hardware, we will need to create a 'Fleet Dashboard' where you will add and manage all your sites.
Simply email us the details of the primary person who will manage your fleet and receive the notifications and alerts. We require their name, email address and a phone number.
Step 3: Fleet dashboard access
The primary contact at your company will receive an email requesting activation and password creation. Once completed, you can then access your fleet dashboard two ways, via the
- Solar Analytics website, or
- Solar Analytics App called 'My Solar' available on both iOs and Android
To know more about our fleet dashboard features, watch 'Using the Dashboard - For Resellers'.
Step 4: Register the site
To create a site on your fleet dashboard, you will need to have the following information ready:
- Customer email address and phone number
- Site location details
- PV system configuration with inverter and panel sub-array details
Pro-Tip: We would recommend that sites are registered before the hardware is installed to simply and speed up the installation process.
For more detailed information on site registration page, click here.
Step 5: Hardware Installation
While installing the hardware, there are several things to keep in mind, including:
- Ensure that the solar analytics hardware is the appropriate size.
- Be sure you record the hardware serial number and the CTs channel name on the provided CT naming diagram during the installation, and take a photo for your records.
- Attach the device serial number sticker to the front of the device for reference.
- Use a dedicated circuit breaker (i.e current rating <16A) to power the device. Avoid using the solar supply main switch.
Please watch videos on 'Steps to Installation' for more detail.
For expert assistance, please give our technical support team a ring on 1300 651 137.
Step 6: Commission and confirm operation
Before leaving the site, please ensure that the device is operating correctly by using the commissioning tool via your fleet dashboard, or get expert assistance from our technical support team.
We are able to remotely assist you to check signal strength, polarity, phase rotation and confirm correct operation.
Once a subscription is selected and the registration is completed, the end user will be invited via their email address to access their site dashboard.
Step 7: End User On-boarding
Once operational, we would like you to get in touch with your customer and:
- Ensure they received our invitation email
- Ensure they have downloaded the App
- Share our our videos 'Dashboard Walk-through' and 'Dashboard Timelapse'.
Solar Analytics will send a series of educational emails, videos and tutorials to assist your customer over the first 6 weeks of operation, and then a monthly email of summary reports.
Step 8: Monitor your fleet
Solar Analytics will send you and your customer a variety of fault and performance alerts as and when required. However, we would still advise you to login to your fleet dashboard and check on site performance and alerts on a regular basis.
Note that for the first 30 days while the algorithms are learning about the site behaviour and characteristics, some performance calculations will be estimated and some functionality will be limited.
For expert assistance or additional training, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team at 1300 651 137.
Alternatively, head to our reseller support page here.