A 'Severe Under-performance' message appears when our algorithm detects significantly lower energy production (i.e greater than 50%) than what is expected. 'Moderate Under-performance' appears when our algorithm detects that production is slightly outside the normal range (-25% to -50% from expected) and becomes an issue if it is ongoing for more than a week.
Some common issues that will cause an Under-performance status are:
- Incorrect solar system details entered on the dashboard
- Incorrect labeling of circuits
- Incorrect device wiring
- Voltage throttling via the inverter settings (Volt-VAr / Volt-Watt response)
- Export limited sites
- Actual solar system fault
- Seasonal change (Autumn & Winter shading)
Note: For an Inverter API integration site, please ignore points - 2 & 3 above.
In order to troubleshoot this issue, please check the following information on the dashboard:
'Customer Site' page: 'Solar System Details' & 'Hardware Configuration'
- Inverter/s. Check that the number of inverters and their ratings is correct;
- Subarray/s. Check that each subarray's rating, orientation, and tilt is accurate. Each inverter must have its panel details input individually;
- Hardware configuration. Check the channel labeling (and enabling) in hardware configuration. If you need to update a label, please send us a message below by clicking on 'Contact Us' (please ignore this for an Inverter API integration site).
Customer Dashboard > Live Data Bubble
- Consumption Following Load. If the consumption line is following the production line then there is likely a problem with the CT sizing on either the consumption or production channels. Another possible problem is that the consumption CTs are around the incorrect wires. Check that they are around the wires coming into the main electricity meter.
Live Data page > Long Energy section
- Polarity. Check that each channel has the correct polarity.
- Power factor. Check that each production channel has a power factor ranging between 0.8 to 1. If it is lower, please click on 'Contact Us' below, and our support team can assist you in swapping the phases around. (phase swap does not apply for an Inverter API integration site).
- Production Data. If the data has a saw tooth pattern, it is likely to be due to an over-voltage issue. To troubleshoot, please check out our troubleshooting guide.
- CT Sizes. If the peak production is always far lower than the inverter rating (check the sunniest day) that was installed this may mean that there is likely a problem with the CT sizes on the production channel. Please send us a message below by clicking on 'Contact Us' and quote the installed CT size (please ignore this for an Inverter API integration site).
- Shading Pattern. Look at a few different sunny days from the last few weeks. If there is a distinct pattern to these days (that is not the regular solar curve) the site is suffering from a shading issue.
Please click on 'Contact us' below for more questions or concerns and our support team will get back to you shortly.