An Over-Performance message appears when the solar system is generating more energy than our algorithms has expected. To understand what information our Algorithms use to estimate what solar production the site's system uses please visit our "How does it work" page.
Some common issues that will cause an Over-Performance are:
- Incorrect solar system details entered on the dashboard
- Incorrect labelling of circuits
Some less common issues that can cause an Over-Performance are:
- Poor weather
- Solar Trackers
In order to troubleshoot and narrow down the cause of this issue, please check the following information on the dashboard:
- Inverter/s. Check that the number of inverters and their ratings are correct;
- Subarray/s. Check that each subarrays rating, orientation and tilt is accurate. Each inverter must have its panel details inputted individually;
- Hardware configuration. Check the channel labelling (and enabling) in hardware configuration. This may need to be reconfigured by Solar Analytics.
Note: For accurate display of data, the Solar Analytics monitoring device must capture all solar that occurs on site.
- Check that the production readings on the Live Monitor (or Live Data) are reasonably close to the inverter rating (ie. on a sunny day at noon the production should be close to the inverter rating).