So you purchased Solar Analytics monitoring and now you are receiving an alert that your system is under-performing. Should you be worried about this alert?
The answer is not necessarily! Follow the steps to determine if there is cause for serious concern:
Step 1) Check if there is a monitoring error which leads to a false under-performance diagnosis, examples include:
- Incorrect solar system details entered on the dashboard
- Incorrect labelling of circuits
- Incorrect device wiring
If you find that some of the above mentioned details do not appear to be correct please adjust them or get in touch with your solar installer or alternatively contact the Solar Analytics support team on 1300 651 137.
In the case that there was something that needed to be changed regarding your monitoring setup it is likely that the under-performance was a false alarm and there is no need to be worried currently. Allow 24 to 48 hours for the performance algorithm to adapt to the new details and determine if the system is under-performing.
Step 2) In the case your monitoring set up appears to be correct or 24 to 48 hours has passed since completing step 1, and you are still receiving under-performance alerts it may be the case that your solar system is under-performing.
The next thing to do when your receive an alert is to check to what extent your system is under-performing.
= Your system is performing within the normal expected range.
= Your system is performing a little bit below the normal expected range.
= Your system is performing significantly below the normal expected range.
- If you see the tick there is nothing to be worried about, if you see the minus symbol occasionally there is also no need to get overly worried.
- If the minus symbol (slight under-performance) is occurring on a regular basis then there is a reason to be worried that your system system is under-performing and an investigation is required to determine the cause.
- If you see the cross then there is a reason to investigate your systems under-performance alert.
If after following steps 1 and 2 an investigation into the cause of the under-performance is required please contact the Solar Analytics support team on 1300 651 137.