So you purchased Solar Analytics monitoring and now you are receiving an alert that your system is over-performing.
How can producing more energy then expected be a bad thing?
While over-performing itself is not a bad thing, the over-performance alert can indicate that your monitoring has not been set up correctly, which means that our algorithms won't be able to properly inform you how your system is truly performing!
Should you be worried about this alert?
The answer is not necessarily! Follow the steps to determine if there is cause for serious concern:
Step 1) Check if there is a monitoring error which leads to a false over-performance diagnosis, examples include:
- Incorrect solar system details entered on the dashboard
- Incorrect labelling of circuits
- Incorrect device wiring
If you find that some of the above mentioned details do not appear to be correct please adjust them or get in touch with your solar installer or alternatively contact the Solar Analytics support team on 1300 651 137.
In the case that there was something that needed to be changed regarding your monitoring setup it is likely that the over-performance was a false alarm and there is no need to be worried currently. Allow 24 to 48 hours for the performance algorithm to adapt to the new details and determine if the system is over-performing.
Step 2) In the case your monitoring set up appears to be correct or 24 to 48 hours has passed since completing step 1, and you are still receiving over-performance alerts it may be the case that your solar system is over-performing.
The next thing to do when your receive an alert is to check to what extent your system is over-performing.
= Your system is performing within the normal expected range.
= Your system is performing a little bit above the normal expected range.
= Your system is performing significantly above the normal expected range.
- If you see the tick there is nothing to be worried about, if you see the minus symbol occasionally there is also no need to get overly worried.
- If the minus symbol (slight over-performance) is occurring on a regular basis then there is a reason to be worried that your system system is over-performing and an investigation is required to determine the cause.
- If you see the cross then there is a reason to investigate your systems over-performance alert.
If after following steps 1 and 2 an investigation into the cause of the over-performance is required please contact the Solar Analytics support team on 1300 651 137.