A 'Severe Under-performance' message appears when our algorithm detects significantly lower energy production than what is expected.
A prolonged under-performance issue will result in reduced energy production and a loss of savings from your system.
Common causes include:
- Incorrect inverter or panel details (e.g. wrong number of panels)
- Actual solar energy system fault (e.g. Inverter or Panel fault)
- Grid over-voltage (see here for more information)
- Severe shading (often seasonal so only in the Autumn & Winter months)
- System design faults
- Export limited regulations (in some areas, network regulators enforce a limit on the amount of energy that can be exported from rooftop solar back to the grid)
- Dirty panels (least likely cause)